Wednesday 8 February 2012

Summer Sting





Tonight Mum got home from work & gave me my usual greeting. Hugs, kisses, cuddles, praise, belly rubs, scratches behind my ears. (It's one of my favourite times of day).Then she wigged out a bit...

She started feeling my nose and my mouth and then went a bit nutty saying bad words and trying to put her hands in my mouth. She said my mouth was swollen and kept asking me stupid questions I was unable to answer. (Mum talks to me a lot and I'm a great listener but sometimes I think she forgets I can't talk back).

Then she went even nuttier & rang Dad, telling him to come home from Nanny & Poppy's because I'd been bitten by something!

BITTEN!!! Huh, when who, how? Let me at 'em!

I kept running and playing and doing zoomies in the backyard while Mum tried to have 'quiet time' with me. I wasn't up for that...5.30-7.30pm is PLAYTIME, hello! Are we going to the park today? I've got a hot date with a Rotwieler tonight...

So Daddy got home & I continued to try and play with everyone while they both went a bit nutty and tried to phone the vet. The vet is that nice lady called Emma who I visit sometimes for treats and special pats. Her place smells like lots of other animals and I like going to visit her.

Mum and Dad continued to talk and said stuff like 'maybe it's a bee, or a spider, is there any redness, whats her tummy look like, her eyes aren't swollen, she can see'. Oh course I can see, I can see that box of treats inside the door and it's 6.03, I should have had 8 or more of those by now!

My mouth may have been a bit swollen but I didn't care, what is all the fuss about?

Mum rang Poppy T (her human Daddy) and he talked her through a few things as Emma wasn't answering or returning the calls. Poppy T's doggy Heidi has had a few bee stings before. She plays a game called Snap where she tries to catch bees in her mouth. She is very good at it! Heidi has had lots of nasty bee stings that have made her very sick before. Poppy T gave some great advice and some of the swelling in my face had gone down after Mum had got off the phone so she was feeling much more relieved.

I'm a bit sad that a nasty bit me as I missed out on my walk tonight. Mum & Dad told me I couldn't go as I was sick! :(

I still have a little lump and one of my lips is a bit hard but Mum said she felt better as I ate all my dinner and continued to run around doing zoomies....

If the lump is still there in the morning I'm going to see Emma...I secretly hope it is as I'm craving one of those yummy liver treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment