Saturday 3 March 2012

I'm a sickie :(



If you follow my Facebook page you'll know that Mum has been away visiting her parents for the last week. She got home on Thursday night and we went straight down to Vic Park to celebrate.  

On Friday Mum was playing with me and she noticed that one of my jowls was inflamed and sore. There was dried up red stuff on my face and she went a bit crazy again, like when I got that sting thing on my face a few weeks ago.

So it was decided that we had to go and see that nice lady Emma at the place that smells like lots of other animals. I was happy with that as I always get lots of cuddles and treats at Emma's place.

Emma told my humans that she wasn't exactly sure what was wrong with me however it could be pyoderma or puppy strangles!

Basically, Pyoderma is an infection in the skin and Puppy Strangles is an allergic reaction to bacteria. While I was having lots of treats and cuddles, my humans were given these round things in a jar which they have to give me twice a day until they are all gone. Mum says one jar is full of antibiotics and the others is steroids. (Maybe I'll get good at that WWE wrestling thing Dad loves so much now).

So because I'm a sickie I've been getting lots of attention and treats. Yesterday afternoon I came inside and had cuddles and sleep time with Mum while Dad went to look at a ute machine thing. I played with bunny for a while and Mum went and borrowed a jumper for me as it was cold and rainy outside.


Today we went to visit my human aunties, Connie and Kyla before a quick visit to the local Sunday Market. Mum got me two bags of liver treats and I shared some hot chips while we walked around.

This afternoon we were meant to meet my friends Arkie, Casey and Dolly at the park but Mum's a bit worried that if we play rough with one another my mouth will get more ouchie and it will take longer to heal.

We'd love to hear from anyone who knows more about puppy strangles or pyoderma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment