Sunday 11 March 2012

Chillout 2012

Every year our town is the host of Chillout Festival. Mum says this information from their website best describes what Chillout is:


'From humble beginnings, ChillOut has grown to become the biggest and longest-running Country Queer Pride event in regional Australia, and the largest festival in Hepburn Shire. While events in the capital cities might be a lot bigger, ChillOut retains a relaxed, down-to-earth atmosphere with plenty of opportunities to let your hair down, and has found a special place in the hearts of gay men and lesbians across Australia – and the world.'


On the Sunday morning of Chillout they have a really big parade in the main street where everyone dresses up and gets on motorbikes and cars and sometimes even stilts. This weekend Grandma Mouse came to visit so we all went to the Parade to show her what it was like. I think she had a great time.


I got dressed up in my bright green t-shirt. Mum and Mouse tried to find me a 'pride' bandana for the parade....but they only discovered one AFTER all the people saw me...Mum says it's not the proper Pride colours but I still represent!


Here are some pictures that Mum took from the Parade.














Lunch?





There were lots of dogs and their humans at the parade. I was by far the biggest one...there were lots of little dogs, which I don't always like. I need to get better at being nice to little dogs. Mum's not too sure how we do this though. 

We hope you had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment